Re: Firewall

To: Carl Elliott <grunt2@adelphia.net>, Bill McAdam <BILLMCADAM@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Firewall
From: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:12:42 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks Carl.

I've always said that anyone who connects to the internet from home via a
DSL or Cable Modem SHOULD be running a firewall. These are direct
connections to the internet and their systems are vulnerable. This is a
great start for everyone and something everyone should be aware of and add
as a required piece of software to their PC regardless of how they are
connecting to the internet.

Dan Dwelley
Senior Technical Consultant
USinternetworking Inc.

On Thu, 11 May 2000 07:53:16 -0400, Carl Elliott wrote:

>  I put a firewall in my computer some time ago, Keeps unwanted people
>  from getting into your computer while its running on line. I am shocked
>  at the amount of hits by companys trying to access the files in my
>  computer. I get at least 5 hits a day. All by big companys. I copy down
>  the addresses and back track. These people think they have the right to
>  go into your computer and access your personal information. I have no
>  intrest in this co, but they give you a firewall free and you can run
>  the test to see if you are at risk. I am pleased at what they did for me
>  for free. I like that price. try it you will be shocked
>  http://www.grc.com          Carl E.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.