Alternator

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator
From: Geoffrey Gallaway <geoffeg@sloth.org>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 11:55:58 -0400 (EDT)
Question that my father wishes me to ask the list (he's currently
netconnectionless):

He wants to replace the current alternator that is mounted incorrectly. I
believe its an old GM (inversion of MG, hmm) alternator. He wants to buy a
new one that mounts correctly. The question is wether or not to buy a
lucas or are better alternators available? Is the lucas model reliable?
The problem we want to avoid is having to make some kind of wierd mounting
system for the thing, the lucas one would avoid this problem...

Currently, whenever he accelerates, the alternator bangs against the
engine because of the incorrect mounting system. The other problem he is
having is when he turns the lights on, the belt squeals, this is just a
tightening issue, correct?

Speaking for his father, Glen:
Geoff

--
Geoffrey Gallaway || The greatest danger could be your stupidity.
geoffeg@sloth.org ||