Re: J-B Weld, is it really that good?

To: "Bill Saidel" <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>,
Subject: Re: J-B Weld, is it really that good?
From: "Larry" <lst824@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 14:09:51 -0700
Bill: The best products I have ever used for permanent repairs are
manufactured by Duramix. They have epoxies to repair virtually anything you
could imagine. Their plastic repair kit was developed for motorcycle
farings. It is easy to use, permanent, can be sanded and painted. It is
superior to plastic welding in every respect. I have used the metal repair
kit and quite frankly, JB Weld for these applications are just a distant
memory.

However, JB Weld is the only product to use if you are repairing dents in
metal ( motorcycle gas tanks ) that will be powder coated as it is magnetic.
I hope this is of some value. BTW, I believe Duramix is only sold through
autobody supply stores.

Larry
The hottest places in Hell are reserved for
those who, in great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.