Re: Long drive

To: cfrench@cybertours.com
Subject: Re: Long drive
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 17:34:42 -0400
Carl,
  Although I live in CT, I can't attend the Dare to be British event
because I'll be setting up for the British Cars by The Sea for the
following day.  From what I gather, though, about 20 of the cars from CT
MG Club will be there, plus those of other clubs. It's said to be a good
event.
  What should you consider before heading out on the road?  Get sunscreen
and fill the tank with gas.  The MGB will cruise along very happily once
it's run in, and you will have that accomplished in another three weeks.
One takes for spares the sorts of things that he cannot expect to find if
stranded. Points, condenser, fanbelt, radiator hoses, fuelpump, etc.  The
list can be expanded considerably, but as you have just rebuilt the
engine there is minimal need to be concerned. Put the NAMGBR service list
in the glovebox and the workshop manual into the boot.  I drive pretty
regularly from home to Annapolis, 300 miles each way, and have driven the
cars from ME to FL twice, and my TD from CT to FL once (not
recommended-the car does fine but the driver really suffers).
Bob