Re: Was Aluminum heads, now thread chaser

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Was Aluminum heads, now thread chaser
From: David Tulchinsky <tulch@ccsalpha3.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 11:46:19 -0400
>In a message dated 5/25/00 12:02:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time, yd3@nvc.net
>writes:
>
><< "Sears doesn't have them,"
>
>  Oops, they do to on page 84 of the 1999-2000 and page 56 of the
>  2000-2001 catalogs.  The $50 set contains NC, NF and Metric.  No
>  open stock.
>
>  However, they may be available from the industrial tool catalog.
>  The 97-98 one I have doesn't have them as I believe they a
>  relatively new to their line.  Call 1-800-776-8666 to get the
>  industrial catalog.  There's alot of stuff in there that's not in
>  the regular catalog. >>
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>Well, Thanks Bullwinkle!  I looked thru the Sears tool catalog I got a few
>weeks ago, maybe I just missed them, or it's the worng tool catalog.
>Wouldn't it be logical, if you are trying to sell tools, to put them ALL in
>the catalog?  I think this was the latest mailing from the Craftsman Club
>Card I got.
>
>BTW, how's Rocky?  (I met one of the Rocky the Flying Squirrel
>artists/animators many years ago.  His name was Al Kilgore, from New York.
>He was one warped, talented man.)
>
>Allen Hefner
>SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
>'77 Midget
>'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

What was the question again???

Are open stock rethreading dies available???

Yes.  Travers tool Co.  (1800-221-0279)
Hexagon Rethreading dies., open stock.
Most sizes from 1/4 thru 1-1/2 in both UNC and UNF.
($2.50 to $16.00 depending on size)

KD/Allen tools makes a spark plug rethreading tap
for both just 14mm and 14/18mm.  I don't have a price.
They all have full sets.

I can look in other catalogs if you like or get specific part
numbers.

Let me know.  These are just the catalogs on my desk.
No financial interest.

-Dave
'77B in many pieces
--