RI Emissions Inspection

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RI Emissions Inspection
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 12:00:45 -0400
Hi All,

Just sent my '79 B thru the new RI Emissions Inspection and I'm glad to
say it passed. It has the air pump, EGR, cat con and ZS installed but no
gulp valve. The Pertronix is working great and I took the advise of some
on the list and changed the oil before the test. The timing was checked
and the oil in the dashpot was topped up (needs new o-ring). It only had
to go thru the 1 year test (because of the first year schedule) so it
required the 2 speed idle test.
The numbers were:
4 PPM HC on a 300 PPM standard at idle.
4 PPM HC on a 300 PPM standard at 2500 RPM.
0.00% CO on a 2.50% standard at idle.
0.57% CO on a 2.50% standard at 2500 RPM.
Needless to say I am delighted, especially after all our talk and
speculation of how these cars would fare with the new regulations.
Hope all of you (US listers and others) have equal success with these new
emission tests in your area.

Steve Bettencourt
http://www.bmcne.com
webmaster@bmcne.com