Re: British Motor Heritage... to FORD

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: British Motor Heritage... to FORD
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 08:02:44 -0400
John said:

>NOTE:  Ford bought THE RIGHTS to the Land Rover name...   Pheonix DID NOT
buy
>the rights to the ROVER name or the MG name... they got a licensing
>agreement.  MG is still owned by BMW...
>
>BUT THE ENTIRE MG HERITAGE LINE   Old Number One clear through the last MGB
>is owned by FORD, LOCK STOCK AND BARREL.

>Interesting huh?  Comments Appreciated

It is my impression that Ford is extremely respectful of such items of
histroical interest, and they have an extensive history in the LBC arena.
Despite their current forray's with Jaguar, Aston Martin, etc., when I was
at their corporate headquarters in Dearborn last month, they had a display
of the Lotus vehicle that won a Formula 1 race in 1968.  The drive train was