Re: Midget advice

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midget advice
From: "Anne and Richard Spurling" <hobbes@senet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:24:11 +0930
Have a darned good look at the paint (if it's good). The B I bought a couple
of weeks back has what looks like very good paint. Bounce the light off it
at the right angle or bung it under fluoro lights (a good move actually,
every flaw shows up), and you can see little bubbles throughout the paint.
The previous owner had it resprayed from bare metal, but it looks like
moisture got into the paint or primer, hence all the bubbles. What looks
like an immaculate, very carefully done paint job is actually well on it's
way to falling off. Not a major disaster in my case, it took $1,500 off the
asking price of the car, but I'm glad we spotted it.

Cheers
Richard
'76 MGB - red dammit, the wife won.
        Anne and Richard Spurling