Re: Tube shock conversion

To: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>,
Subject: Re: Tube shock conversion
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:51:40 +0100
Biggest pitfall concerns the rebound-strap stubs on the axle - they are
prime candidates for shearing off.  Use plenty of penetrating fluid in
advance, or cut/grind the old nuts off, or possibly cut the old rubbers off
and apply heat taking due account of the proximity of fuel tank and pipes!!!
If the worst happens I have heard of people drilling the remaining part of
the pin and using a split-pin to retain the strap.

PaulH.