Re: Reverse light switch

To: "Enrique Claure" <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reverse light switch
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:46:39 +0100
Right - engaging reverse gear should close the switch, anything else open
it.  The switch screws in to the gearbox casing and depth of engagement can
affect the switch operation - if it isn't screwed in far enough the switch
won't close.

Do you mean you have three greens coming out of the sub-harness that goes
down to the gearbox?  That surprises me, I would have expected one green
plus a green/brown coming back to feed the lights, plus maybe a yellow and
yellow/purple or white/brown for the O/D and TCSA circuits.

If you have a found a cut green you have to ask yourself why - maybe it was
grounding somewhere and a PO cut it to stop it blowing fuses rather than fix
it properly.

PaulH.