laying new carpet question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: laying new carpet question
From: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 09:05:34 -0700
I know that there are those of you out there with experience in installing
carpets in your cars.  I have several questions.  First, those of you who
have used dynamat or something similar, did you just glue it down over the
original asphalt type sound proofing?  If you took up the sound proofing,
did you just glue down the dynamat over the floor pan?  I realize that not
all of the carpet pieces need to be glued, but as far as the padding pieces
which come with the deluxe floor kit, I assume you need to glue them so
they don't move around under the carpet, or does it just work out that when
you reassemble the seats and bolt them in place, that the padding stuff
under the seat gets stuck in place that way.  Thanks for your help,  Nina