Red Mill British Car Day

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Red Mill British Car Day
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 06:27:51 -0700 (PDT)
Had a GREAT time at the show yesterday. Weather was
perfect, car ran great there and back. Fortunately, I
seemed to have avoided the misfortunes of many while
driving to/from a car show...!

Oldest cars was (I believe) a Morgan trike - I had
never seen one with water-cooling and a 'hidden'
engine before. Not sure of the year but pretty sure it
was older than the 1936 4-wheel Morgan also there...
Newest was a 2000 Lotus Elise.... Extremely cool car!
Several of us were wondering how he got the 'QQ'
(antique) NJ plates on the car. Never did see the
owner to ask him, though...

There was also a really sweet late-50s AC Bristol
(Cobra-basis) - what a beautiful car. And a Cobra, of
course. The delicate shift lever was really awesome...

And my kids (and I!) enjoyed the Triple-C regalia
section.... Got my Father's Day stuff early this year!

Met Rick Brown but missed Bill Saidel...

Overall, a wonderful show as always.

=====
Dan D
Dayton, NJ