Re: 79B carb tuning question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 79B carb tuning question
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 08:13:41 -0400
Keith,

Pay close attention to the motion, clearances, and geometry of the choke
linkages. My Haynes service manual for MGs outlines the proper set up for
the choke. When I serviced it (on a '79 B) I found all the linkages to be
bent out of shape and the clearances incorrect. Fortunately the little
piston in the choke body was OK, so I just cleaned it up. That was done 2
years ago and the choke has been working great since. Good luck.

Steve Bettencourt
http://www.bmcne.com
webmaster@bmcne.com