79B carb tuning question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 79B carb tuning question
From: "Keith Gernert" <kgernert@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 22:33:08 -0400
Over the weekend I pulled the spark plugs in my 79B to re-examine their gap,
and
found them black with soot.  OK, so it's running too rich.  I suspected as
much.  I
also suspect this is the cause of the car not wanting to run at idle for very
long once
warmed up.

Now, the manuals say I need a carbon monoxide analyzer to properly tune the
carb.
I'm pretty sure I don't have one of those things, although I wouldn't know one
if it bit
me on the nose.

Is there anything I can do to get the carb tuned reasonable close to where it
should
be?  Or should I just forget it until I can take it some place where they have
the
know-how and the equipment?

--
Keith Gernert