Re: 79B carb tuning question

To: Keith Gernert <kgernert@triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: 79B carb tuning question
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 11:48:16 -0500
Hi Keith,

  If it's runnimg so rich that it loads up after an extended idle, I
suspect something is wrong with it.  I don't have any experience with ZS
carbs but my general experience with pollution-control carbs is that
there's limited idle-mixture adjustment available to the tuner because
they don't want the thing wildly misadjusted from a pollution-control
standpoint.  So, the limited adjustment available assumes that the carb
is working properly.  Sounds like it's not.  So, the problem of the way
too rich running needs to be addressed first.

  If I'm wrong, Ed or Lawrie will set me straight, I'm sure.

  CR