Re: variety

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: Re: variety
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:11:31 -0700
I have an MGA which have twin six volt batteries.  The only
difference I know of, is the twin sixes would require an
additional short jumper wire to go between the two batteries.  I
would think that if the car had twin six volts, you should be
able to see a large bolt hole onto which the earth stap was
bolted in the unused compartment.  When, or if, it was converted,
this earth, gound clamp and strap, would have been moved from one
batterey compartment to the other.  Also the hole in the single
twelve compartment might be drilled rather than punched and in a
slighlty different location than on the other unused side.

There isn't any really work necessary to convert from two sixes
to the twelve unless the car is also changed from positive earth
to negative earth.  I don't know when MG went from positive
ground to negative, but I would think you 74 is negative ground.
You just put in the battery, eliminate the jumper cable, and move
the earth cable to the compartment that has the 'hot' cable and
battery.

Blake

Also the car has two battery boxes-what