Alternator testing.

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator testing.
From: Rick Sinclair <RHSinclair@USWest.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:25:00 -0700
Hi all,
        My '68 'B is having a problem with the charging system. We took it
out for a drive, tried to start it up later, and get the
solenoid buzzing noise. Put the charger on it, waited for a while,
tried it again, and it starts right up. Question:

1) How do you test the alternator? Don't really want to take it to
Napa until I test it here first. There was a How-to in the last Moss
catalogue, but I can't find mine.

2) Could this be a battery? I just bought a new one a couple months
ago,
so I don't think it's the problem.

Anyway, It's a little hard to work on him right now (I've decided to
call him RC), because my Mom received an entire pickup truck load of
sheep's wool, and decided the best place to put it was IN AND ON my
car!! ARRRGHHHH.

Thanks in advance.

Rory
'68 'B (RC)