Re: Suspension Spring Compressor

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Suspension Spring Compressor
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:40:36 -0700
I rented one from a local outfit. It resembled a long threaded shaft with
two hook-like objects that could be run up or down by turning nuts. The
problem with this type is that it has to hook on the second turn of the
coil, if you see what I mean, since the first one is deep in the spring
pan. This barely gives you enough spring to compress. Combined with the
jack it worked OK, however.

Charley & Peggy Robinson had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149