Re: Suspension Spring Compressor

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: Suspension Spring Compressor
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 18:51:13 -0500
Hi Max,

  The kind of compressor you describe is what I found to be the most
commonly available.  It works fine for MacPherson strut springs, didn't
look like it would work well for the B.  The tool in the Bentley manual
fits under the spring pan and grabs the spring, near the top, from the
sides.  One uses it to compress the spring and then unbolt the pan.
Then one unscrews the compressor to relax the spring and remove it and
the pan.

   I suppose I can use a jack and partly disassemble the suspension on
the car, then pull the crossmember and finish the work on the bench.
I've pulled the entire suspension unit out of a B before.  It drops out
quite easily.

  Thanks,

  CR