Re: Brake Bleeding

To: one_ton3@hotmail.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Bleeding
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:54:55 EDT
In a message dated 6/16/00 1:05:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
one_ton3@hotmail.com writes:

<< Re the idea of blowing out clean brake lines with compressed air, most air
 compressors have a huge amount of moisture in solution, even with water
 traps in the line, especially in hot humid climes (summer). When I was a
 racer, we used nitrogen to pressure bleed the brakes. This is probably
 overkill, and beyond most people's means. Be careful of introducing anything
 into a brake system that you do not want there as it is incredibly difficult
 to remove once there, and moisture is the second worst thing next to air. >>

A very good point.  If you flush the lines with alcohol, make sure they have
some time to dry a bit, then flush with new brake fluid before filling and
bleeding.

Thanks, Michael.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward