Brake Bleeding

To: "MG's" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Bleeding
From: "Michael Singleton" <one_ton3@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:03:22 -0700
Re the idea of blowing out clean brake lines with compressed air, most air
compressors have a huge amount of moisture in solution, even with water
traps in the line, especially in hot humid climes (summer). When I was a
racer, we used nitrogen to pressure bleed the brakes. This is probably
overkill, and beyond most people's means. Be careful of introducing anything
into a brake system that you do not want there as it is incredibly difficult
to remove once there, and moisture is the second worst thing next to air.