Re: Was 18GD WE H 22011 originally an MGB engine?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Was 18GD WE H 22011 originally an MGB engine?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:40:40 -0700
According to Clausager, the 18GD is just the Home Market & Canadian
version of the 18GF, which was the US 1968 engine. You're right, it
should have been a GH in your 70. The "WE" indicates manual gearbox. "H"
is high compression. Looks like there was a swap at some point.

Andrew B. Lundgren had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149