Re: MGB Tonneau

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Tonneau
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 03:14:57 +0000
John A. Walker wrote:

> At 01:21 PM 6/26/00 -0400, wizardz wrote:
> >Driver side tonneau unzipped driving is my norm.
> >unless a passenger is along for the ride.
>
> This is my M.O. as well.

I guess I can put a "me too" in here.

Quite some time ago I actually wrote to this list saying how strange I
thought it looked to see someone driving with half the tonneau on (over
the passenger side) and how I didn't think I would ever do this.

Well, since I have unbolted my midfold top in preparation for an
'approved' rollbar to be fitted, I find myself yusing the tonneau cover
quite a bit... and to keep the odd spot of rain off at least half the
car if I get caught out, on goes the passenger-side cover.

When I say an 'approved' rollabar, this is under our Conferederation of
Motor Sport (CAMS) rules which state that 'the rollbar must be a minimum
of 50mm (approx 2 inches) above the drivers head' - which means when you
are six foot tall like me, wearing a helmet and strapped bolt upright
into your seat, basically, there is little chance of getting the top
over the structure... so, no top - and on with the tonneau.

Eric
'68MGB MkII