Re: Octane and altitude ratios???

To: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>,
Subject: Re: Octane and altitude ratios???
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 19:07:32 -0600
I thought of that idea too, but I think our petrol here in Montana is also
about two points lower than sea level. You didn't mention numbers but
regular unleaded here is 85.  And we are only at 4000 feet above sea level.

I couldn't find any info from my old college engineering books on any
calculations. At this point, I'm curious as to whether petrol gets lower
than 85 octane in high elevation areas because I don't recall seeing it any
lower. And I'm thinking that the regular petrol at sea level is 87.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT