RE: Octane and altitude ratios???

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Octane and altitude ratios???
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 02:12:46 -0400
Many cars in  Europe run on diesel:
- goes much longer on the same amount of fuel
- modern diesel run very I mean very fast and have loads of torque
- diesel fuel is noticably cheaper
- I can drive for 1000 Kilometers on a tank!
- diesel engines last much longer; I know a Merc diesel, which has run over
650,000 Km on it's first engine!
So if you're driving in France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany etc. 12,000
miles per year or more, it's worth while to switch over to diesel.

Cheers,

Hans