Re: @#%@^%!!!!

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@apphosting.com>
Subject: Re: @#%@^%!!!!
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 08:43:35 -0700
This is entirely possible, machine shops do everything by measurement
and typically don't test fit the crank, they don't even take the
bearings out of the box.  This would just increase the risk of damaging
something or introducing dust, etc.  This is why I always check the work
with Plastigauge when I assemble the engine.  Also, balancing is done on
a machine, not in the engine.

Unfortunately, it is your fault for supplying them with the wrong crank.
You will have to pay for balancing another crank, and possibly buy
oversize bearings if you have to install a used crank that needs
grinding.

It shouldn't cost you too horribly, let us know how you come out.

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia