Re: the wedge

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: the wedge
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:12:19 -0700
My impression was that what was mostly wrong with the TR7 (besides
initial teething problems and typical quality/labor problems at the
plant) was that it wasn't a roadster (OK, besides the controversial
styling). Then by the time they introduced the roadster and the V8,  it
was a case of "too little, too late". I have read that a TR8 convertible
in proper fettle is a pretty decent car. I would imagine that a TR7
convertible could be OK, too, now that the weaknesses and fixes are well
understood, so long as you like the looks. Not so much a classic roadster
as its predecessors, but more modern and plush. Don't know what the parts
situation is for them, but I would think it would be covered by the usual
suppliers. As a typical LBC, though, be aware that if it's too far gone,
the restoration $$$ will exceed its value (particularly on a model like
this, which has not reached classic status, and never may).

David Councill had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149