Re: Interesting 67 MGB Tourer

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting 67 MGB Tourer
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 20:40:53 -0700
The serial number is not an issue, my 66 begins GHN3L as well. "L" stands
for "left hand drive" -- "U' was not used to stand for "USA" before1968.
Clausager shows a picture of a 64 with amber turn signal lenses on the
rear -- I believe the UK spec called for amber lenses front and rear,
while US 62-67 had white front, and red rear lenses. Possibly the PO sent
for replacement lenses from England. I know I have seen them myself, in
fact I seem to recall that at one time it was impossible to obtain the
rounded red lenses. What do you mean by "2 gauges to the left of the
steering column, both the same size"? Do you mean the voltmeter was the
same size as the tachometer? I don't think so. But anyway, there's extra
room over there, especially if it didn't have OD -- it would not have
been difficult to cut a hole and mount a proper Smiths voltmeter, at
least back when they were current (so to speak).

Dan DiBiase had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149