Re: Dieseling (AKA Running on)?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dieseling (AKA Running on)?
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:28:57 +1000
Larry,

Maybe the cylinder head has sharp edges in the combustion chambers that are
still glowing after switchoff. These can act like mini spark plugs and cause
the car to run on. Best thing I ever did to the A was to chamfer the edges
of the combustion chambers (another Barney Gaylord gem). She stops perfectly
now - or should I say did , b4 the crank went awol! <G> After the head is
skimmed, say after a gasket failure, these edges can get a lot worse and can
contribute to this problem. All I did was take the edge of with a small
file. Simple but very effective.

Cheers,
Neil