starter motor test - result

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: starter motor test - result
From: "Jason B Lonon" <j_lonon@lycos.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 17:59:21 -0400
Thanks to everyone who responded. The general consenus is that 10 volts might
be the expected potential remaining after the drop across the rest of the
system. And that makes sense..

No one offered an answer for what the other terminal post is for (the one
marked IGN that is not used ?) But that's ok, because I don't really need to
know.

I applied 12 volts to the large terminal and to the small solenoid terminal,
and then touched ground to the outer casing. I got a shower of sparks and the
plunger shot outwards, but no spinning. I take it this means there something
wrong in the motor. Am I correct?

Thanks!
---

Jason B. Lonon