Flywheel

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Flywheel
From: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:00:18 GMT
It is proceeding at a snails pace but I am progressing.  Yesterday I
performed step #2,534b the installation of the flywheel (on a complete
engine rebuild).  Checking my many manuals (Haynes, Complete Guide...,
Twist's rebuild) they all point out how to align the flywheel to the crank
flange.  Align the 1/4 mark on the flywheel with the corresponding mark on
the flywheel flange.  I see the 1/4 mark on the flywheel but not on the
crank.  In the Haynes manual there is a mention of the mark being up when #1
is TDC (the picture shows the engine upside down, so what is up?).

I have my engine with #1 at TDC and I installed the flywheel with 1/4 mark
at 12 o'clock (engine standing up right).  Is this correct?  What happens if
you get it 180 degrees out of alignment (the only other option)?

Thanks

Dereck
1970 MGB