Re: Car gets hot

To: Mark Purtell <purtell@students.uiuc.edu>, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Car gets hot
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:00:28 -0400
I've been in the middle of this myself.  My '78B (your message quoted here
doesn't say which year you have) is often running hot.  Never below 70%,
often up to the edge of the red.

Various solutions are (not in any particular order):

- New thermostat
- Flush radiator
- Flush the thermostat housing
- Flush the heater
- Replace or recore the radiator
- Sufficient coolant
- Make sure the thermoswitch on the radiator works (more important when
idling than when driving)
- Make sure the temperature sender is okay (a bad guage will lead you astray)

Not sure if I forgot any...

Personally, I'm about to recore the radiator.  I've done about everything else.

- Tab