Re: Car gets hot

To: "Mark Purtell" <purtell@students.uiuc.edu>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Car gets hot
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 19:54:40 +0100
Does sound as if it is overheating.  That description seems normal for the
system warming up enough to start opening the stat (needle rising to N),
which opens more and more to maintain a normal temperature (needle remains
at N), till it is open to its max but the coolant keeps getting hotter
(needle rises above N).  The stat and temp gauge would seem to be in
agreement.

PaulH.