Re: advice wanted - clutch slave cylinder replacement

To: "Bill Saidel" <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: advice wanted - clutch slave cylinder replacement
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 19:13:25 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 1:57 PM

 > Moreover from underneath without
> a lift, there is little room to unscrew either the above nut or directly
> unscrew the hose if that is possible.

>        I did get the slave off with its 2 bolts. Is it true that the rod
in
> the boot (that goes to the clutch) is only centered in the external rubber
cap?

Ramps should give you plenty of access for a clutch slave job.  Replace the
hose at the same time.  If you flush out the metal pipe with some clean
fluid you can fill the complete system from the Slave nipple using an
Eezi-Bleed on very low pressure.  Only takes a couple of minutes and no need
to bleed.  Check that you have about 1/2" of travel at the slave when
someone else pushes the pedal fully down.

The slave push-rod is actually centred by a recess in the piston - a little
more positive than just the dust cap!

PaulH.