Re: 80 B seat belt retractor

To: "Gordon Bird" <gb@the-bdc.com>, "list MG \(E-mail\)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 80 B seat belt retractor
From: "wcameyer" <wcameyer@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:14:33 -0700
I have the same problem on my '77.  Pull it out slowly - when and if it
locks, let it back a couple of inches and then pull (slowly) again.
A bit of a pain sometimes, but I'm comforted by the knowledge that I won't
have the commonplace problem: a retractable which will not lock in an
emergency situation.

Bill