Re: 80 B seat belt retractor

To: "Gordon Bird" <gb@the-bdc.com>
Subject: Re: 80 B seat belt retractor
From: "1979MGB" <1979mgb@vixa.voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 08:03:05 -0400
Gordon,

I've been gone all week and haven't gotten through all the messages so if I
repeat something already offered - sorry.

My 79 did the same thing after I replaced the carpet.  What I found was the
angle the retractor is mounted at  will affect this.  I moved mine up and
down until it worked corectly and haven't had a problem since.

As for tearing apart - I've done that also.  Bought a used retractor for one
that was completely shot but the used one had a bad belt in it.  I was able
to switch them but was lucky.  The spring is the "fun" part because of how
its wound.  You'll know what I mean if you take it apart.  No helpful hints
except to watch how the spring is mounted when you take it apart and try to
get it back that way.

Denny