Re: Timing and overheating

To: mgs list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing and overheating
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 12:21:13 -0500
 All,

  What's more important is that if the inner and outer "rings" of the
crank pulley  have slipped in relation to one and other, complete
failure can't be far away.  Wouldn't want the outer ring flying around
in the engine compartment, would we?  What needs to be done is make sure
that slippage has in fact happened and if so, replace the pulley.  Sure
it may be expensive but it's pay now or pay more later.  Had it happen
to me on a small-block Chevy back in my drag racing days.  What a mess
it made!

  CR