SU carb problem, part III

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU carb problem, part III
From: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 23:44:08 -0400
Greetings, again...

Thanks for help so far, one more problem. I am now convinced that my
remaining SU problem is jet centering with fixed needles, 68B with AUD
265's. I have cleaned that piston and dashpot repeatedly, they shine nice,
it's to bad I'm the only one who will see them <g>. The piston passes the
drop test and spins in the dashpot with no metal on metal sounds and,
without the jet, rises and falls in place nicely. When the jet is fitted
with the jet-locking nut loose it works fine. When I tighten the nut while
holding the piston pressed down it always binds. It seems when the nut is
turned it should wobble in the hole; the only thing holding it in place is
the jet. In other words, as it is tightened it pushes against the needle
thus causing the binding. So, how do I correct this? Could the jet bearing
actually be sitting on an angle? Oh, almost forgot, I have used both the new
and old needles and jets.

BTW the SU tool kit that MOSS sales sucks! The jet-centering tool does not
fit into the piston or jet bearing holes, it's too big!

Anyway, thanks for the help...

Frank Phillips
fwp@ufl.edu
1968 MGB - http://plaza.ufl.edu/fwp/mgb.htm