OD in 3rd gear?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: OD in 3rd gear?
From: <SRegel@dpra.com> (Scott Regel)
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:47:13 EDT
I've been reading the e-mails about OD and noticed on more than one occasion
that using OD in 3rd gear was a possibility.  OD is new to me in my 76B after
having the two 63 B's without it.  Can you use OD in 3rd gear and why?  Would
you not use 4th gear at all...if you are using OD in 3rd?  Sorry, I just
never thought about it.

Also a second question.  I was cruising about 45 - 50 mph last night and
engaged the OD going up a slight hill.  The OD did not engage until I got to
the top.  Should I be concerned or is my car getting lazy?

TIA

Scott
76B w/OD