Re: Problem: fuel-related or ? [long]

To: "David Councill" <dcouncil@imt.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Problem: fuel-related or ? [long]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 18:59:23 -0700
Thanks, David. Your analysis more or less parallels my thought process.
We are overdue for a tune-up, so I can go through the carbs, as you
suggest. I didn't mention that I have had one or two incidents of
temporary roughness/loss of power due to debris in the carbs in the last
six or eight months. Since I have a large, newish fuel filter, I am
beginning to suspect that the rubber fuel lines after the filter may be
deteriorating internally. These are the original-style, expensive-ish
braided ones. At this stage I might replace them with new, plain rubber
fuel line as a test.

David Councill had this to say:

--

Max Heim