Re: Your age vs. Your Babys age [LBC related - No Tech]

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Your age vs. Your Babys age [LBC related - No Tech]
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 23:01:00 +0000
Larry Macy wrote:

> I was just perusing a thread on the MG Enthusiasts Web site
> (http://www.mgcars.org.uk) and thought it was kinda interesting, So I
> thought I would throw it out here.
>
> How old are you in relation to your baby??

It is interesting how having an "old" car changes one's perceptions
about "old cars".

I am 8 years older than my car, yet I somehow never really view my 'B as
an 'old car'.  Now, I *do* consider my 1985 Ford Falcon station wagon as
an 'old' car which is rapidly diminishing in value every day.  In fact
she is so far gone that I feel that I will eventually throw her away
rather than sell her.

I guess that if I spent half as much on maintaining my Falcon as I do my
'B (in time and money) then she would be hanging in there a damn sight
better, but hey, when you are in love you are in love.  I see the rust
spots growing on my Ford but heaven help it if I see I spot of rust on
my 'B.

Eric
'68MGB MkII