Re: relocating the battery

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: relocating the battery
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:45:21 -0700
Evangelos,

I just happened to have a dead group 26 sitting outside.  The measurements
are 8'' x 6 3/4" by 7" deep or 20.2cm x 17cm by 18cm deep.  The first
measurement is across the terminals.  It's a pretty tight fit in the 6 volt
box.  The one I put in my 72B was a bit too tight as it had a support ridge
that I filed off to slide it it.  It you can get one with a strap to lift it
in and out it helps.  I purchased a strap that hooks onto the terminals for
mine as I couldn't find one with a built in strap at the time (I didn't look
very hard as I purchased it a the first store I went too).  The one I
measured has a strap and is an Eveready brand.  They come in varying amp
hour ratings and varying number of months guarantees here.  The more of
each, the more they cost usually.  This is a great choice for a change.  I
had a pair of 6 volt batteries in my 72 for about 26 or 27 years before I
got tired of buying two batteries at a time and having them only last 3 to 5
years.  My 12 volt battery is less than one 6 volt battery, around $40 if I
remember correctly.

Good luck at locating a battery,

Dave 72 B