Re: GO ELSEWHERE

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GO ELSEWHERE
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:40:27 -0700
ATWEDITOR@aol.com had this to say:

>Well, that and the fact that Leyland continued to invest in Triumph models
>even to the point of introducing a completely new model, the largely
>lamented
>TR7, while letting the MG line languish until too few were sold to continue.

Actually, MG sales were holding up fine right to the end, looking at the
figures (considering that 1980 was only a partial year). This makes their
decision to pull the plug even more incomprehensible -- and unforgivable.
Basically, they were confirming that they had not made any investment in
the future of the marque, and weren't about to do so (for whatever
reason).

>I had always viewed the Triumph/MG feud as sort of a running joke that, I
>had
>hoped, few took seriously--just a little faux contention to spice up
>conversations.

Yes, precisely; any remarks I might have made along these lines were in
that spirit.

>But some people apparently do take it seriously, just like
>they take lightweight stuff on the web too seriously.

Apparently so...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149