Jacking

To: "MGs (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Jacking
From: Scott Beavis <sbeavis@solartron.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:20:42 +0100
Can anyone confirm where is the best place to jack underneath our MGBGT,
especially at the back end.

Haynes doesn't really say exactly, it just seems to go on about jack
safety. I saw something about jacking under the diff casing, but this
sounds dodgy. Also the handbook said to put axle stands under the axles,
which sounds logical. Is this ok/correct?

I need to get the back end nice and high so I can get up underneath with
the old Finigans underseal and waxoyl.

The petrol tank is rather rusty underneath. Would I be better off
hammeriting it?

Scott

PS: MG is running lovely and my girlfriend Kim and I are now hooked on it!
We are always arguing over who gets to drive it! Today is my turn! I can
see a second MG being bought soon! :-)

PPS: My mini is sulking big time.