Re: Jacking

To: "MGs (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jacking
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:10:16 -0700
Well, the factory jack lifts up one side at a time, quite high. Two jack
stands under the frame rail on that side would support it adequately. But
I use a floor jack under the center of the diff frequently. It gets a
good grip and is quite stable. Then you just put the jackstands on either
side under the leaf spring mounts. Consider whether you need to raise the
suspension *and* the car body (which this does), or just the body (which
the side jack does).

Scott Beavis had this to say:

--

Max Heim