Re: Humble Pie

To: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Subject: Re: Humble Pie
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 21:32:36 +0000
Larry Colen wrote:

> Jasmine (my MGBGT) survived her first race weekend.  Pretty much
> anyways. Cars that are theoretically a lot faster than me aren't
> supposed to practically come to a stop in the middle of a turn, then
> turn in as you are going past them.  I'm in the market for a front
> right fender for a primrose yellow MGBGT.  Oops, racing happens.
> I'll write up a story about the whole weekend later.

Sounds like fun to me :-)  Yes, I am also wary of those banged up cars
on the track.  They are not quite as fussed about bending a fender as
most of us are.  Plastic and fibreglass parts are often more resilient
to the odd scrape.. and are frequently cheaper to replace.

Go on Larry... who had the 'line'?  ;-)

> Anyways, I've scanned the better of the pix from the weekend of the
> rolls of film that have been processed.  They are on the web at:
> http://www.red4est.com/lrc/lday00/
>
> You may be most interested in the ones labeled mgpaddock as they
> show  Jasmine and the two race prepared MGBs that I was competing
> against.

Great photos (what happened to the car lying on its side). Oh yeah... I
bet the red MG racer goes fast, too :-)

Ahhh, I now have a lust (even more) to run around Thunder Hill... what a
great name for a track!

> Oh and the pictures marked bunny don't have anything to do with MGs,
> one of the rabbit drivers parked his car on the driver door in the
> cyclone.

Oh.... *he* is the bunny :-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII