Re: I'm not to Stowe, because...

To: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Subject: Re: I'm not to Stowe, because...
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 15:59:53 -0700
He's pretty good, and has done some LBCs, but is learning mine. :)  They
don't charge me a lot, in fact there's a lot of times they could charge but
don't.  They've proven to be honest.  I've used them for a number of
years.  The one mechanic in particular takes an interest in learning this
stuff, so we're both learning.

I'm planning to work on it myself as well, but I don't have a heated garage
to work in, and not really the tools or time (my free time is taken up by
my 4 yr old), so we'll pull the engine, leave it at the shop, and maybe
pull the trans too, then tow the car back to my house to get it out of the
weather, and work on rebuilding the engine.  You're welcome to join in the
fun, but we're in central NH (top of the lakes region, below the mountains)
so I don't know how close it is.

I do have an OD in mind, but would always appreciate prices in case the one
I was going to put in becomes unavailable.

In case you're interested, I have a pic of the deceased at
http://www.penworks.com/dcp00183.jpg
It's 127k - I didn't bother to reduce it.  Took it a few weeks ago.

Thanks!

- Tab