Re: front spring removal/replacement

To: <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: front spring removal/replacement
From: <SRegel@dpra.com> (Scott Regel)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 11:47:08 EDT
A good backyard mechanic wouldn't go to all that trouble...that's what the
ruts in the driveway or grass are for!!  ;)

Scott
76B

*******************
I had my B up on 4 jack stands, with the rear higher than the front.  This
was to get the
lower control arms parallel (cancel the caster angle) to the ground when
viewed from the side, an aid to lining up the front and rear bolt holes
since the jack's lift point is parallel to the ground.

---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Charley & Peggy Robinson" <ccrobins@ktc.com>, on 9/19/2000 10:58 AM:

  Guys,

   I've done it both ways.  As you may recall, I played "musical
springs" last month, in adjusting the B's front ride height. Lowering
the pan has the advantage of not having to disturb much of anything else
in the suspension.  The disadvantage is that it can be a PITA getting
the bolt holes lined up when reinstalling the pan.  I had my B up on 4
jack stands, with the rear higher than the front.  This was to get the
lower control arms parallel (cancel the caster angle) to the ground when
viewed from the side, an aid to lining up the front and rear bolt holes
since the jack's lift point is parallel to the ground.

  FWIW,

  CR