RE: The Madness Begins

To: "'Chris Thompson'" <ct@cthompson.com>
Subject: RE: The Madness Begins
From: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:30:39 -0400
Hey, sounds like me 68B hood latch! Let's assume it CAN be opened as the
cable is not broken. On my B the spring appears to be too weak or out of
adjustment to push the hood up when the cable pulls the latch open. I can
pull the handle back far enough to rest the cables handle sleeve on the edge
of the hole which holds the latch open. Try getting the SO to lift the hood
while you pull the handle. Look in the achieve for MANY threads about
"emergency release systems".