Re: The Madness Begins

To: ct@cthompson.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Madness Begins
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 10:03:30 EDT
In a message dated 9/18/00 8:16:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ct@cthompson.com
writes:

<< And so I bought it. Got temp tags, and went to drive it home.
 What I neglected to notice in my trip around the block is that the brakes
 are like standing on the pillow. I'm hoping it's just air in the brake
 lines, but it's definitely in the shop before it becomes a daily driver.

 The other nasty bit is the new throttle cable is sticking. Although it was
 nice to drive a bit as if I had cruise control, It needs to be fixed.

 I had my wife follow me home, and she noticed that I had no brake lights.
 How in the world did I neglect to A) check them B) ask about them? Oh well,
 one more for the shop.

 So, I've just taken a long time and a roundabout way to introduce myself to
 you, and say, "I'm one of you now." and hope for some sympathy. >>

Congratulations!  You haven't said anything that can't be fixed in a weekend.
 (Two weekends, if you decide to replace the entire brake system.)

Get the Bentley Manual and get to work!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget